Have you ever realised during a stressful moment that you were holding your breath? Especially during these last few months!
And did you notice how your body and mind instantly tightened … and that it was harder to think, feel, and respond resiliently to your life circumstances?
Stress and fear can literally take your breath away!
Breath is one of the ONLY involuntary bodily functions that we can consciously alter at any time…and it directly and powerfully affects our consciousness, physiology, and brain chemistry.
When we start to breathe fully and consciously we are easily able to release what we have been holding and open to an incredible expansion of consciousness, including greater forgiveness and self-love. This inner change brings about shifts in our outer lives for the better.
Nichola Moore is a Qualified Clarity Breathwork practitioner and facilitator, a Certified IIN Health and Nutrition Coach & a Certified Reiki practitioner who is deeply passionate about inspiring and supporting others to face lifes challenges head-on through nourishing practices so that they can learn to love themselves better and live their best life.
Nichola started working in the holistic health world 25 years ago as a fitness coach at a multi-award winning holistic health resort; The Body Holiday in St Lucia, West Indies. It was there that her curiosity to understand more about the healing path and how to live in abundant health deepened.
Since then Nichola has travelled extensively to study and train in many different healing modalities including Vinyassa Flow Yoga Teacher Training with Shiva Rea in Costa Rica.
Nichola has been working with different types of Breathwork for many years now and was fortunate enough to discover the true healing benefits of Clarity Breathwork after a particularly challenging time in her own life.
After Nichola experienced some major personal breakthroughs and shifts after a week at a conscious breath camp, she decided to take the full trainings so that she could share the medicine of Breathwork to help benefit others.
Nichola feels blessed to offer the powerful medicine of Clarity Breathwork which she also combines with her other teachings to create a nurturing, supportive and safe space to allow whatever needs to come through in the treatment.
Nichola regularly attends other types of holistic and wellbeing workshops for her own personal development and views this as an essential part of her life to remain in balance and expand awareness and continues to return annually to Central America for further studies at various health and spiritual development centres.
Nichola currently lives in the South of England and offers private 1-1 sessions, workshops and residencies in the U.K. and globally via Zoom. She loves being in nature, playing guitar, singing and attending regular 5 Rhythms dance classes and conscious gatherings with friends, and time spent with her teenage daughter.
Come and experience your own inner Wonderland through the awesome power of your breath!
Let’s join together for a 60 minute Breathwork session where you will be guided and supported to use an easy and controlled style of breathing which has so many health benefits on a physical, energetic and emotional level. We will start with a short and powerful meditation and some intention setting before we dive into a 30 minute gentle but powerful breath session.
Conscious, controlled breathing is one of the easiest and most immediate ways to relax the nervous system. During the session, you will be guided and supported to use conscious connected breathing to access the innate intelligence of your body to release that which is ready to move on the physical, energetic, emotional and mental levels of your being.
The meeting room will be open 15 minutes early from 10:15am so you have plenty of time to log-on, check video/sound and get settled. Below is the log-in info to get onto the call.
Join Zoom Meeting:
WONDERLAND FESTIVAL BREATHWORK SESSION
Meeting ID: 938 220 912
To prepare for the session:
We will use a platform called Zoom. You’ll need a computer, tablet or smartphone, and a strong internet connection.
- Download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free:
- If you are new to Zoom please do watch this introductory video from Zoom:
- If you have a computer, choose that over the tablet or smartphone. Not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of other participants.
- It’s best to use a headset or have really good external speakers.
- During the call, keep your microphone muted when you are not speaking. This prevents everyone on the call from hearing distracting sounds. Please do this even if you’re on a headset and think you’re in a quiet environment.
- You may want a cushion or a seat for the beginning part.
- Be set up with a place to lay down (I prefer my bed!), blanket as you can get extremely cold, pillow and maybe something to cover your eyes nearby for the breathwork and anything else you need to be comfortable.
- Have a notebook and a pen as we will be doing a short written intention-setting exercise. You may also want to write notes after the session ends.
- Have tissues and water.
- Wear comfortable clothes to breathe in.
- You may like to set up an altar, light a candle, put on some essential oils and set your intentions!
Some helpful features of Zoom
- Speaker view and Gallery view – you can switch between the two to see the difference. Gallery view is recommended when moving, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- The ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. It also means you can make as much noise as you want. The Host can mute and unmute everyone.
- The ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. It’s lovely to keep it on as it helps build connection. But, if it is not possible or feels uncomfortable it’s ok too! However you show up is perfect! Your presence matters!
- The CHAT feature – via the ‘Speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. If you are having any technical problems, this is the place to go.
- The ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
We will be practising a breath work called CLARITY BREATHWORK which will be fully explained when we are together.
Here is a brief Introduction to Clarity Breathwork:
Clarity Breathwork is a safe, gentle, circular breathing technique that releases stress from the cells of the body and brings you home to your heart, among many other extraordinary benefits.
If you are new to Clarity Breathwork please read here to learn more:
For our on-line session:
- Create a comfortable, warm space where you won’t be interrupted if possible.
- Lie on your back with your hands open at your side and your legs uncrossed.
- Keep your head fairly flat (not on a big pillow) to open up your breathing passageways more.
- It’s best to close your eyes so you can go deeper within (an eye pillow/mask helps).
- Relax your jaw and open your mouth.
- Breathe in and out through your mouth, all the way up into your chest, heart and lungs and imagine that you can breathe all the way up through the top of your head~this connects you to your Higher Self and expanded awareness.
- You can also breathe into your belly, hips, legs but also bring the breath up into your lungs as this opens your heart area and allows for deep healing, release and a return home to yourself.
- It is a circular, connected breath without pauses between the exhale and the inhale, and between the inhale and the exhale. It is a gentle breath, not a forceful breath.
- We call this the ‘Ah Ha’ Breath~ a silent ‘Ah’ on the inhale, a silent ‘Ha’ on the exhale. This Breath opens the back of the throat more and enables more air and oxygen.
- If emotions arise, just try and allow them in without dramatising or suppressing. Allow yourself to meet and welcome the pure emotion all the way through.
- You may experience tingling and other sensations in your body–this is your life force energy and it’s totally safe. This is a cellular cleansing.
- If at any time you feel that it is too much, you can slow down the breath, open your eyes, look around and see that you are safe and know that I will be present with you the whole time.
- Be open to new levels of love, connection, joy, insights, forgiveness, guidance, aliveness and possibility.
- Sessions last approximately 50 minutes with a gentle build up of energy, often a release and surrender, followed by insights and guidance and moving towards a gentle integration at the end when we turn on our sides to rest.
If you have questions, please email me on: email@example.com
I look forward to sharing the miracle of breath with you!
In love and gratitude,