See The full 3 Minute 2021 Summer Gathering After movie below!
(Special Thanks To Zak Avery For The Amazing Film And Nick Mulvey For The Use Of His Song ‘Begin Again’)
What to Bring
Essential things to bring:
Tent, bed roll, sleeping bag, pillow
Torch and spare rechargeable batteries
Biodegradable soap, shampoo and toothpaste
Cup, bowl, plate and spoon and a bag to keep them in
Canister for cigarette butts if you smoke
Small rucksack / handbag
Fancy Dress (for Saturday night)
Warm clothes for the night
Notebooks and pens
Headtorch, pen knife
Tickets and Further Information
Tickets are £181. This price is kindly subsidised thanks to generous funding from a number of benefactors (The Scientific and Medical Network (SMN) Joshua Dugdale, James Mermagen, Ben Gross and Jon Ross. Thanks are given to The Scientific and Medical Network for its grant to help fund the event and for giving those attending free membership of the SMN for a year. (This event is devised and delivered by Ben Gross as an independent event organiser).
Thanks are also given to all the contributors who offer their work at greatly reduced prices in service of this mission to inspire young adults through experiences of connection. For a comprehensive list of these generous angels please see the contributors pages). However in particular we would like to thank Lindsey Vandita Spinks, Dr Oliver Robinson, Mac Macrtney, Nick Mulvey, Bruce Parry, Carrie Tree, Planetman, Scott and Maria, Ravi Freeman, Sean Delahay, Jethro Tanner, Jord Johnson, Jodie Louise-Sullivan, Zak Avery, Roberto Reghelini, Emma Suertes, Georgia Francis, Maria Payne Vlahogiannis, Rose Broderick, Isla Talbot, Erika Tourell, Kristina Evans, Chris Park, Rita Hraiz, George Barker, Moshe Halperin, Ed Colville and Rina Golan.
Delicious food for the duration of the gathering is included in the ticket price. All food is vegan.
This event is limited in size and will sell out so…
As Wider Horizons is a transformational gathering we have established some agreements which we request you observe, please:
Be Healthy – no alcohol or other drugs
Be Hygienic – no dogs, bring your own water bottle, cup, bowl and spoon and keep them safe.
Respect the Land – enjoy our four communal fires – no personal fires. If you light a candle, you put it out. If you smoke please bring a portable ashtray. Use biodegradable soaps and toothpastes – no chemical soap (biodegradable soap will be provided at sinks, but please also bring your own for showering). The lake has some rare species. If you have sun cream on it is very important to wash it off before entering the lake please. Please do not use any kind of soap in the lake, Leave no trace (be conscious of where you put rubbish – there are different rubbish bins for compost, recyclables, glass and landfill). No cars in the camping area – you can drive on and drop off your kit where you’ll be camping, but then please take your car to the car parking area at the top of the hill.
Respect Others – ask before you hug, no speaking on mobile phones in the gathering area, no floor scores (if you find something take it to lost property)
Give – Do at least one shift in the kitchen or site maintenance, no buying or selling
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to abide by the terms set out below.
- This is an alcohol and drugs free event – please do not bring or consume any alcohol or illegal drugs on site.
By buying a ticket to Wider Horizons (“The Event”) you (“The Attendee”) formally agree to the following:
- Only come to the festival if you are feeling healthy and well and have not experienced any covid-19 symptoms within 10 days prior to the festival.
- If you have a positive test, or have been in contact with someone who had the virus 10 days prior to the festival we ask you to please stay home.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Due to the nature of this event, there will be no refunds available in the event of cancellation, but you can transfer your ticket to the next event.
- If the Event Organiser cancels the event, you will be able to transfer your ticket to the next event. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a refund.
- If the event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, such as an Act of God, then options to transfer may not be available
- If you are unable to attend, you can transfer your ticket to someone else – please email us with their details in advance and explain to them that they will need to complete the registration form. We cannot issue refunds if, for any reason, you are unable to attend.
Health & Safety
- Wider Horizons aims to be a safe and inclusive place for all to be regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexuality, body type, ability or experience. We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding any type of verbal, physical or sexual harassment.
- Anyone found exhibiting these types of behaviours will be asked to leave the gathering. Payment for any events will not be refunded. The decision will be made by the Wider Horizons team and their decision is final.
- The Attendee consents to treatment in the event of an emergency or other incident in which, in the reasonable judgment of the on-site personnel, the Attendee requires medical care.
- Wider Horizons staff are not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages the Attendee may sustain that result from their participation in the Event.
Photography and Filming
- Wider Horizons will photograph and/or film the Event for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. Please let us know when you arrive if you do not consent to this.
Enjoy this inspiring, heart filled, fun and safe event!
Find The Others
Get Your Ticket Today!
We look forward to meeting you!